Monday, December 20, 2010

Delicious Cranberry Orange Delight!


Keeping in the Christmas spirit, I decided to take the time to make this marvelous recipe from Dorie Greenspan's book "Baking From My Home to Yours." It is a bit time consuming to make the fresh cranberry and orange jam from scratch, but it is so worth it! This treat is called the Cranberry Shortbread Cake, and really isn't a cake at all. It's similar to a bar cookie or torte. While my "brutti ma buoni" treat was baking in the oven, I looked up this recipe online and saw how other avid bakers had called it "ugly, but delicious," as well! :) Since I let my mom and sister try the jam, before I baked the "cake," we were all anxious to try the completed dessert since the jam was amazing by itself. No kidding, this "cake" is delicious! I also served this warm with Madagascar vanilla ice cream, and it made the flavors pop! Thank you, Doriee for another great treat!






No comments:

Post a Comment