Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cranberry Quatre Quarts (Pound Cake)


This afternoon, I was debating on what to make. I wanted a "cake" of some sort, and suddenly remembered that I had one cup of fresh cranberries in the fridge...just enough to make the Cranberry Quatre Quarts cake that I had my eye on for a couple of days. The recipe comes from Krystina Castella's book, "A World of Cake: 150 Recipes for Sweet Traditions From Cultures Near and Far."
As the cake baked in the oven a tantalizing aroma filled the entire house! Almost immediately, my sister dove into cutting slices. It was perfect, exactly what I had wanted. I made several changes to the cranberry frosting recipe that came with the recipe for the cake, but I can't reveal my secrets! ;) Everyone, including my Nana adored this cranberry gem! My family keeps asking me when am I going to make it again, and I reply, "Soon, soon enough!" But, really, I think I'll make it for Christmas morning. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment