Monday, November 29, 2010

Cranberry Upside Downer


From the minute I purchased Dorie Greenspan's book, "Baking From Home to Yours," I wanted to make this scrumptious sounding cake. Well, lucky for me the holiday season rolled around rather quickly and fresh cranberries are in abundance at grocery stores lately. This was the second time in less than a week that I made this cake. It is simply that GOOD! It is divine! The tangy cranberries, the crunchy walnuts, the syrupy topping, and delicate cake combine so well, and create a party in your mouth. My taste buds were really happy with this cake. Instead of adding the current jam on top, I just served it with a little sweetened whipped cream. Hopefully, you'll decide to make this beauty while the fruits of the season are at their peak!




No comments:

Post a Comment